Yuvraj Singh pays tribute to Stuart Broad, veteran pacer reflects 6 sixes as vital moment of career

Yuvraj Singh has paid a tribute at Stuart Broad's retirement, Broad reflects that 6 sixes in an over is vital moment of his career

Arguably Stuart Broads’s greatest adversary Yuvraj Singh paid a strong tribute to the veteran English bowler after the former announced his shocking retirement from the game. Stuart Broad announced his retirement from the game at the end of Day 3 of the 5th Ashes Test. Back in 2007, Yuvraj Singh slammed 6 sixes in an over which remains the most vital event in Broad’s career.

The former Indian cricketer took to social media to reflect his thoughts on Broad’s retirement. He wrote, “Take a bow @StuartBroad8 πŸ™‡πŸ»‍♂️ Congratulations on an incredible Test career πŸπŸ‘ one of the finest and most feared red ball bowlers, and a real legend! Your journey and determination have been super inspiring. Good luck for the next leg Broady! πŸ™ŒπŸ»”

Broad retires from the game with huge success. He finishes his career as the second-highest wicket-taker for the Three Lions in Test cricket. Though 16 years have passed to the incident, Broad till reflects it has one of the most vital events of his career.

“Yeah, it was obviously a pretty tough day. What would I have been: 21, 22? [22] I learned loads. I pretty much based a whole mental routine through that experience knowing that I was left very short as an international performer in that moment. I’d rushed my preparation. I didn’t have any sort of pre-ball routine. I didn’t have any focus, particularly, and I started building my ‘warrior mode’ that I call it after that experience,” Broad said in the press conference.

Yuvraj Singh has paid a tribute at Stuart Broad's retirement, Broad reflects that 6 sixes in an over is vital moment of his career

“Ultimately, of course, I wish that didn’t happen. I think what helped me was it was a dead rubber, so it didn’t feel like I’d knocked us out of the World Cup or something. But I think it steeled me up to make me the competitor I am to this day and has driven me forward a huge amount,” Broad added.

“But ultimately I think it’s that bounce-back ability and that ability to be able to put poor days behind you because certainly one thing over the past whatever – 15, 16 years – you have a lot more bad days than good days in cricket so you have to be able to deal with them to make sure your good days can flourish,” Broad concluded.

The post Yuvraj Singh pays tribute to Stuart Broad, veteran pacer reflects 6 sixes as vital moment of career appeared first on Inside Sport India.



from Inside Sport India https://ift.tt/OfemP01
via IFTTT

Comments